Housing support (group residential housing)

Housing support (group residential housing (GRH)) is a cash program that pays for room and board costs for adults with low incomes who have a disability or are 65 years of age or older. Recipients live in licensed facilities or authorized community-based settings. The program aims to reduce and prevent institutional residence or homelessness. Housing support grants are paid directly to the facility in which you are living. For more information, including frequently asked questions please click here. 

If you need help applying

You may have someone else apply for you. To do this, you must write a letter identifying that person as an "authorized representative" who has permission to complete the process on your behalf. If you are in the hospital or home-bound, call our office for assistance.

How to apply

Complete one of the applications below to apply. If you complete the combined application form you will need to submit it to one of our locations or email it to mnprairie@mnprairie.org. You may also call 507.431.5600 to have a form mailed to you. 

If you don't qualify for housing support services, but still need assistance with housing and homeless resources, click here for more information.